Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Junior Year's Over?

This school year:

- I caught the Black Death in school. No joke. There are pictures. (Okay, actually it was just facepaint...)

- I starred in a production of "Lord of the Rings in Five Minutes." I was the Ring. Best role I've ever had. Ok, maybe I wasn't the star. Fine, I was a prop. :)

- I saw The Lion King, Les Miserables, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, Newsies on Broadway or National Tours.

- I was in the best tap class ever. We had more fun than anyone else. FACT. We also got to be edgy - we tapped to a Bach piece.

- I met Maesa. That girl is my soul sister.

- I went to another Owl City concert. This time, it was at the 9:30 Club in DC, and Maria came with me to jam and eat veggie burgers.

- I stormed the Bastille. It set off the smoke alarm.

- I went to the 1000 for Life rally outside the abortion clinic. We ended up with more than 2000 prayer warriors there, and saved lives of babies and mothers!

- I discovered I like He is We, Days Difference, First Aid Kit, Foster the People, Hellogoodbye, Ron Pope (Thanks Ben!), Kimbra (Thanks Maesa!), and random 80's bands.

- I went to NYC for a bunch of fun weekends. I am so comfortable there. I love it.  :)

- I took AP European History, AP Environmental Science, and AP Human Geography. They were so fun! The tests went well too. (Thank you, God!)

- I started watching Merlin, Sherlock, Community, Spy, and Hawaii 5-O (Original).

- I got addicted to 16 Handles. Froyo foevah.

- I fell in love... with demography. Human population is SO interesting. You may have seen the impact of this in prior posts.

- My dad started working in NYC. It's been awesome. I've loved going up there all the time and having adventures. I miss Dad sometimes, but we get to talk to him a lot on Skype and on the weekends.

- I was in "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying." THAT was a true adventure, and I'm so grateful I was able to be a part of it.

- I was a part of some super fun photo shoots with Bethany and other awesome friends.

- I saw Maddie baptized! Greatest thing. I love that girl.

- I went to my first midnight showing of a movie: The Hunger Games.

- I hung out with the best friends any girl could ever have. SGA <3

- I danced in the rain.

Generally, this school year, I feel like I've gotten so much older than just a few months. I have learned a boatload, which is one reason I'm so grateful I followed the prompting to start this blog. I have learned to accept what others have to offer. I have learned that sometimes being all sunshine and daisies can be an issue. To clarify, being too much like Jane Bennett can be a problem. I've learned to stick up for myself in friendships and relationships. I've learned that giving is important, but not to "cast my pearls before swine." Not everyone is going to want what I have to offer. Still, there are plenty of people who love me for who I am and who they see I can become. The best part is that they will help me become that person I can be. I've learned how to handle friendships ending (Step 1. 3 days of mourning. Step 2. Shave your legs. It works). I've defined my standards. I've made mistakes and won victories. Some friendships have ended, but I've been blessed with people who can teach me so much more than they could at this point in my life. I'm so lucky!

Again, I say that I feel so blessed to have had the school year I had. It was like a rollercoaster, the lower the lows, the higher the next high. I loved it. I pray that I will be able to take the things I've learned and apply them to my self betterment.

Have a blessed summer!
S

No comments:

Post a Comment