Sunday, February 5, 2012

Nostalgia

The other day, they were playing High School Musical on TV. I haven't heard or seen HSM for years. It was super exciting to see those "cool teenagers" I admired when I was eleven. Did you realize that the characters only 15 and 16 in the first two movies? Whoa. It was really funny to see my friends in the characters I used to see as so distant. Still, it's kind of weird to see something that I idolized when I was 12. (I'll admit it - I was a tweeny-bopper.)

Little did I know how true to life these movies would end up being. People called them "cheesey", which they totally are, but it's because every teenager could relate to one of the characters on the screen.

This got me thinking about Lizzie McGuire and Phil of the Future, listening to Avril Lavigne and Jesse McCartney. NOSTALGIA.

No comments:

Post a Comment