Saturday, February 4, 2012

Lists of Likes

This week, my brother had to make two lists for his composition class; one of things he likes, and one of things he doesn't like. He inspired me to do the same. We'll start with things I don't like so we can end on a positive note.

Things I Dislike
-Being stood up
-Heavy metal music
-Being told my "time will come"
-Being treated as a child
-Violent movies (There's enough suffering in the world, why would we want to watch it for FUN?!)
-When people get on my mom's case for not doing enough (Who do you think you are? Try her life sometime, and then you'll stop.)
-Never getting a reply to a text, call, email, letter, etc.
-People living far away
-When people commit to something, and then bail last second
-Waiting a week for each Downton Abbey episode
-Turning in assignments late
-Girls who need every boy to like them
-Not having enough room on my corkboard for everything I want to put on it
-When Mutual is cancelled
-Not being able to dance as much as I'd like
-Abortion
-When people use other's misfortune to continue their political agendas
-Lust stories (Gross. Fo reals, yo.)
-Waking up early
-When people make fun of my brothers
-Poverty
-Not being able to help as much as I would like to
-Wondering if I'm good enough for something
-Those days when I'm tired of myself
-When people know the Gospel is true, and then succumb to the World
-Confrontation
-When people can't take hints
-Not having enough time to do everything I want to do

Things I Like
-American history
-Reading
-The smell of pumpkin bread
-Hugs
-Spending time with my family
-Watching movies with my friends
-Going on dates with some awesome guy friends
-Literature Class
-Downton Abbey
-Tap dancing
-Being on stage
-Owl City
-Photographs
-New York City
-Swings
-That first 50 of swim practice, when you feel totally graceful and powerful
-When people ask my opinion, and actually care
-BBC
-Reading my old journals
-C.S. Lewis
-The smell of vanilla
-Writing and receiving letters
-Broadway musicals
-Playing with kids
-Getting random "I think you're awesome" text messages
-Going my my friends' Eagle Scout courts of honor
-Seeing my friends leave on missions
-Setting goals
-Crossing goals off my list
-History in general
-Old thrillers (Perry Mason, Hawaii 5-O, Mission: Impossible)
-Disney movies
-Jane Austen
-Love stories
-Playing piano
-Singing at the top of my lungs
-Church dances
-Personal progress/honor bee program
-Seminary
-Prom dresses/getting dressed up
-Dancing in the rain
-The scriptures
-GENERAL CONFERENCE IS THE GREATEST THING EVER.
-Going to Cici's after a show
-EFY
-Dr. Seuss
-Sunshine
-Pretzel M&Ms
-Holidays
-Summertime
-England
-Shakespeare
-Priest/Laurel activities
-Louisa May Alcott
-Standing up for what I believe in
-Homeschooling
-Reading in front of the fireplace
-Bragging about the awesome things my friends accomplish
-Oranges
-Theatre Camp
-Discussions
-Panera Bread
-Travelling
-Learning about world culture
-Disney World
-Dreaming
-Going sledding with my friends
-Blogging :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea and I'm glad you shared your thoughts. This will be a good exercise for me to do with my family.

    ReplyDelete